The following points will help you write an effective letter of complaint.
- Type your letter. Keep it short and keep a copy for your records.
- Be sure you complain to the person who has the authority to do something about your complaint.
- Identify the date and location of the purchase.
- Give a complete description of the goods or service you purchased.
- Explain the problem.
- Outline the action you have taken.
- Specify the action you expect and a reasonable time period.
- Provide a daytime phone number.
- Enclose copies of the relevant documents and keep the originals.