Government of Saskatchewan
Quick Search:
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Saskatchewan Justice
Minister Gordon Wyant

As a Corrections Worker, you have excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills, strong work ethic and can work well in a team environment.

The education for this position is a university degree in the Social Sciences, or closely related discipline, a diploma or certificate in Correctional Studies, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.  This education can be attained at the University of Regina and Regional Colleges.  Successful completion of an Induction Training Program is needed to maintain employment.  Proof of CPR and First Aid training is required within three months of employment.  A valid driver's license is required to transport offenders in emergent situations.

Level and Hourly Salary:
SGEU 9 ($27.219 - $34.110) 

Other Opportunities:

A variety of positions are available within Correction and Policing including the following: 

  • Administrative support services: accounting clerks, clerical, secretarial, document processors
  • Communications and public affairs: communication consultants, information services officers
  • Administration and finance: policy analysts, financial analysts, accountants, auditors, business analyst, administration officers
  • Human services - social worker, corrections worker, human resource consultant, lawyers, mediators, nurses, cooks, investigators, judicial officer, research officer, maintenance, trade/shop supervisors
  • Technology - information technology analyst, computer programmers, help desk, network administrator, network analyst/support
  • Legal Profession - lawyers 

The Saskatchewan Public Service Commission fills permanent positions through competition. Available positions are published in Saskatchewan newspapers, government bulletins and the Public Service Commission's Web site.

Executive Government departments are responsible for hiring employees on a non-permanent or term basis in accordance with the Public Service Commission/Saskatchewan Government Employees' Union collective bargaining agreement. You can forward your resume to Human Resources and it will be considered as positions become available.

The Ministry of Justice
Corrections and Policing
Human Resources Branch
4th fl., 1874 Scarth St.
Regina SK  
S4P 3V7 

You can apply with the Public Service Commission.

Related Links

© 2016 Government of Saskatchewan. All rights reserved.