600-1874 Scarth St.
Regina SK S4P 4B3
Phone: (306) 787-3684
Fax: (306) 787-0078
5 - 800 Central Ave,
Prince Albert, SK S6V 6G1
Phone: (306) 953-2353
The Aboriginal and Northern Justice Initiatives (ANJI) is one of four branches that make up the Community Justice Division at the Ministy of Justice and Attorney General. ANJI was formed in 2000 to help the Ministry:
- initiate justice reform measures that effectively respond to Aboriginal and northern community issues;
- build community trust and confidence in the justice system; and
- establish positive working relationships between the Ministry and Aboriginal and northern communities.
The mandate of the Branch includes:
- providing Aboriginal and northern program and policy advice in order to:
- ensure that the needs of Aboriginal and northern people are effectively addressed in existing and proposed activities;
- identify areas where Ministry's capacity requires enhancement; and
- facilitate the self-empowerment of Aboriginal and northern communities to address crime, victimization and preventive issues;
- initiating and participating in activities that will build positive relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal communities; and
- Supporting the Traditional Elders Ministerial Committee to ensure that senior officials and representative Elders have maximum benefit of on-going dialogue towards policy development for programs and services within the Ministry.