Government of Saskatchewan
Quick Search:
Thursday, September 03, 2015
Saskatchewan Justice

How do I get a copy of the Autopsy Report or the Report of Coroner?
The next of kin, family members or legal representatives of the estate can request a copy of these reports.  The request must be in writing, giving the deceased's full name, date of birth, date of death, and the requestor's relationship to the deceased.  The next of kin may also send in a written request to have reports sent to a third party, such as a family doctor, legal or insurance representatives.

Given the nature of the examinations and tests that need to be completed, it is important to note that it may take up to six months for the coroner to complete the investigation, and issue their Report of Coroner.

Physician's Statements (proof of death) may need to be completed as part of the settlement of the estate.  These documents must be completed by the Office of the Chief Coroner. 

Death Certificates may also be required for a variety of purposes including settlement of the estate.  A death certificate may be obtained from Vital Statistics.  Toll Free:  1-866-275-4721 (within Canada only) or their website: or email at:

To request reports or information, you may complete the Request for Information Form below and fax or mail it to the local office in your area.

#920-1801 Hamilton Street
Regina, SK S4P 4B4
Phone:  (306)787-5541
Toll-Free: 1-866-592-7845 
Fax: (306) 787-5503

Northern Regional Office
3-2345 Avenue C North
Saskatoon, SK S7L 5Z5
Phone:  (306) 964-1888
Toll-free: 1-888-824-0491
Fax:  (306) 964-1896

© 2015 Government of Saskatchewan. All rights reserved.