Government of Saskatchewan
Quick Search:
Wednesday, July 01, 2015
Saskatchewan Justice

Welcome to our website. Here you will find information about the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants. When both the landlord and tenant are well informed, problems can be resolved directly. Your own solution is typically far more satisfactory for you than an order telling you what to do following a hearing in this office. If you are a landlord or a tenant and have issues in relation to a residential rental, we invite you to share the information on this website with the other party, in the hope that a common understanding of your rights and responsibilities will assist both parties to find a reasonable solution without the need to apply for and attend a hearing.

New!Example Leases have been added.

Contact the Office of Residential Tenancies

Regina Office
120-2151 Scarth St.
Regina SK S4P 2H8
Saskatoon Office
Main Floor, Sturdy Stone Building
122 - 3rd Avenue North
Saskatoon SK S7K 2H6

Toll Free Callers: 1-888-215-2222
Outside North America Callers: 306-787-2699
Toll Free Fax: 1-888-867-7776
Outside North America Fax:  306-787-5574

A drop box is located outside of both offices. In Saskatoon, it is located on the 22nd Street side.

Email the ORT with your landlord or tenant questions

Email Address:


A wide range of topics from the beginning to end of a tenancy – leases, security deposits, repairs, evictions, hearings and more.

Here you will find forms approved for the purposes of the Act, including notice of rent increase, notices to vacate, security deposits forms and more; example leases reflecting Saskatchewan law; other documents like Certificates of Service and a condition of premises checklist.

Access to the law: The Residential Tenancies Act, 2006, The Residential Tenancies Regulations, 2007 and the Standard Conditions of every tenancy agreement.

Resources for tenants faced with a notice of rent increase.

Disclaimer: This information on this website is general. Decisions by hearing officers on specific disputes will reflect the hearing officer’s findings of fact from the evidence presented and his or her application of the law to those findings of fact. The common law and the provisions of The Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 apply in all cases. For legal advice, you need to consult a lawyer.

Sign up to receive notice of updates by email

Notices may include changes to law, forms or website information. Please provide your name, and an alternate means of contact by mail, telephone or fax. We are interested in knowing if you are a landlord or a tenant.

Update Sign-up

Past Updates: November 14, 2012 re: Legislative Changes

Did you know:

A lease or other contract, either written or verbal, is legally binding and can only be changed by mutual agreement of the landlord and tenant, with one exception - a landlord may raise rent on proper notice.  

The landlord and tenants may agree to a change of the services provided, for example to install meters to charge for utilities rather than including utilites. If the landlord can not obtain the agreement of tenants to the change, usually by a reduction in rent, the landlord may apply for an order from this Office to allow the change and set the conditions.

Home/About Justice & Attorney General/Branches, Boards and Commissions/Office of Residential Tenancies (Rentalsman)
© 2015 Government of Saskatchewan. All rights reserved.