Under The Judgments Extension Act, a judgment can be registered with the Saskatchewan Court of Queen's Bench and enforced as if it had been originally granted by that Court if:
- a person obtains a judgment for the payment of money from a court in any part of the British Commonwealth outside of Saskatchewan; and
- a regulation has been passed in Saskatchewan designating that other jurisdiction as having similar legislation that is applicable to the judgments of Saskatchewan's Court.
The Saskatchewan Court will not register judgments under this Act if:
- the original court acted without jurisdiction;
- the debtor was not given an opportunity to oppose the issuing of the original judgment;
- the original judgment was obtained by fraud;
- the original judgment is under appeal; or
- there are public policy reasons that convince the Court to refuse registration.