A tenancy ends when:
- proper notice is provided;
- the landlord and tenant agree in writing;
- the tenant vacates or abandons the unit;
- there are circumstances beyond the control of the parties that make the rental unit uninhabitable;
- the Office of Residential Tenancies orders the tenancy ended;
- for a fixed term tenancy, on the end date in the agreement; or
- there is a very serious breach of the agreement by the landlord and the landlord has been given notice and an opportunity, if possible, to fix the problem.