The general rule under The Assignment of Wages Act is that an assignment of wages is invalid.
The only exceptions are:
- an assignment of wages to a credit union that is the employee's employer, if the credit union is controlled by the employees;
- deductions from wages for tools, equipment, or supplies used by an employee in his or her employment;
- payments to pension plans, charitable organizations, bonds, savings plans, union dues and assessments;
- payments due under a child or spousal maintenance order; and
- payments for bus passes through the City of Regina Transit Employer Pass Program.